Monday, July 13, 2009

Week#6
Well I am finally finished....I think. I chose to use webnode and was pretty happy with it. At first I was very furstrated and wondered how I was ever going to get my website done. After messing around for a while I finally got the basics of it and what to do. I actually liked Webnode better than Frontpage. I am not as satisfied with any of my pages as I would have liked to be, but when it comes to computer techonology I am as dumb as they come :)
I did have to change the homepage picture on Webnode because after resizing and resizing it about 20 times it just would not fit. I also had to change the name of my website due to when first creating the website in Webnode I acutally logged out without publishing all the saved info and lost everything I had worked on. In both Frontpage and Webnode I was not satisfied with all the pics. I feel as though better pics could of been used. It was just so hard to find "free" pics that really fit the purpose of my site. My Webnode address is http://amotherforgotten.webnode.com


Frontpage vs Webnode

  • It was must easier to link the external website addresses onto your page in Frontpage than in Webnode.
  • I loved the fact that you could create your own layout in Frontpage and did not have to choose one of their already made layouts if you chose not to.
  • Changing the font style and font size had more options in Frontpage than in Webnode.
  • Uploading pics onto your page seemed to be not as much as a hassle in Frontpage as it was in Webnode.
  • I was able to download a video onto my page in Webnode that I wasnt able to figure out in Frontpage.
  • The layouts to choose from in Webnode were much more appealing in Webnode than in Frontpage.
  • In Webnode I loved the table boxes that were already set up in the layout that I chose that had specifics/ideas of what information to enter to help keep users coming back to your page.
  • Webnode just appeared more "professional" to me.

Reading all the pros and cons it may seem that I would of liked Frontpage more than Webnode, However I had help in class navigating through Frontpage, but in figuring out Webnode all on my own with out pulling my hair out, I have to say was pretty impressive and fairly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment